More than the upcoming couple of months, we are likely to be taking a look at hundreds of draft prospective customers top up into the 2019 NFL draft. With the Chargers obtaining wants at numerous positions, we will do our best to examine the gamers that we sense suit the staff the best.
Nowadays, we are taking a look at Washington Point out offensive deal with Andre Dillard.
Two-time All-Pac-12 Convention variety (2017, 2018)
All-American Honors (2018)
All-Pac-12 To start with Workforce (2018)
- Pure athleticism is evident.
- Depends on his get to to meet up with rushers and keep spacing. Strong mirror competencies after engaged with edge rushers.
- Sleek in his shuffle and immediately finds his landmarks. Adaptable knees/joints to sit in his stance and keep stability.
- Uses an productive kick phase to get into his sets. Displays sound foot function to mirror exterior velocity rushers. Slides laterally and moves toes in all directions with simplicity.
- In spite of the lack of length, owns the core and grip energy to manage the issue of attack after latched on to defender.
- Can pull competently. Was utilized out in room normally in Washington State’s offense. Receives out of his stance and has no difficulty finding his assignment and modifying his frame to a shifting focus on.
- Slides off his block and moves on to next stage blocks with respectable velocity. Redirects immediately off combos or double teams to decide up upcoming totally free defender.
- Arm length isn’t best, lacks extension to boost the room between him and the defender. Struggles at the issue of attack.
- Inconsistent with his timing of strikes and hand placement, making it possible for velocity rushers to cross his face and wrap his shoulders. Hands normally ended up exterior the frame rather than concentrated on the middle of the upper body.
- Slow to redirect of lower off inside penetration.
- Doesn’t always match the ability or nasty of defensive linemen.
- Not a road grader in the run activity and wants to bolster his lessen body and footwork, as he struggles to hinge his hips.
- Hunts at the next stage, but sustain competencies vs. linebackers have to have function.
The Chargers will be hunting for offensive linemen this offseason, especially at the suitable deal with placement. Dillard began at still left deal with for the nation’s leading rated passing offense and shined in his function in his 4-year stint.
Dillard matches what offensive line mentor Pat Meyer likes at the placement. Meyer loves to shift his tackles and get them in room, although working with a lot of bounce sets. This leans additional in the direction of athletic and functionally sound gamers, which is what Dillard is.
Immediately after looking at OT Sam Tevi wrestle in pass safety week after week, the previous Washington Point out products would be an instant update. With some growth, Dillard would be in a position to man the still left deal with placement when LT Russell Okung’s time is up with the Chargers.