Above the following couple months, we are going to be using a glance at hundreds of draft prospects leading up into the 2019 NFL draft. With the Chargers obtaining desires at several positions, we will do our most effective to assess the players that we experience in shape the team specifically.
Today, we are using a glance at Delaware free security Nasir Adderley.
- 1st-Team ECACA All-East (2017, 2018)
- 1st-Team All-CAA (2017, 2018)
- Third Team All-CAA honors (2016)
- Virginia Tech (2017)
- North Dakota Condition (2018)
- Lafayette (2018)
- Elon (2018)
- Instinctive and cerebral free security prospect. Reads quarterbacks and exhibits sturdy anticipatory skills. Rangy and athletic with a well-rounded skillset.
- Can open up his hips in any route and speed up to major pace speedily. Previously mentioned typical pace with sleek modify of route.
- Addresses a huge amount of floor. Can shut on the football or the specific receiver explosively. Range to protect from the hash to the sideline.
- Anticipates throws by examining quarterback’s eyes. Deciphers developing routes at higher degree. Doesn’t squander considerably movement having out of peddle or breaks.
- Retains eyes in the backfield, monitoring throws well. Reveals amazing ball skills when given chance. Duration to higher point 50-50 balls.
- Identifies keys swiftly and cuts down house by using fantastic angles vs. the operate. Attacks downhill with aggression, filling operate lanes, or off-tackle runs. Very good open up industry tackler.
- Maintains positioning and stays disciplined in zone protection. Plays with inside-outside the house leverage when attacking perimeter, off-tackle operate performs.
- Performed solitary-higher past two seasons, limited in person protection reps.
- Performed primarily against FCS levels of competition.
Listed as my major smaller-university prospect, Adderley has the natural athletic skill and instincts to person the deep third of the industry. He possesses very fantastic range with silky sleek hips, ball skills and closing skill when the ball is in the air. He does well to examine the quarterback’s eyes and transfer with them. He performs disciplined and beneath handle, understands his protection tasks.
Adderley commonly arrives up with the ball when given a chance to make a enjoy on it. As a operate defender, the previous Delaware merchandise diagnoses enjoy type and route speedily. He closes down house with sturdy angles and amazing closing pace. Overall, Adderley shows the type of instinctive, athletic, general groups require in the secondary in today’s NFL.
Los Angeles drafted the major security in the 2018 course with previous Florida Condition merchandise, Derwin James. It turned out to be a steal as well as a key good results, as James finished as one of the major rookies this past time. He excelled at becoming the chess piece of the protection, which integrated manning up against limited finishes, defending the operate and blitzing the quarterback. But James was rarely employed as the free security. As an alternative, Jahleel Addae experienced that obligation, and managed to do a very poor task, as he struggled in protection and wasn’t considerably much better against the operate with his horrid angles to the football.
Rayshawn Jenkins and the prospective return of Jaylen Watkins could be suited for the position following time. They could permit Adrian Phillips compete for the FS place as well. But pairing Adderley and James would be a fan’s aspiration. The Bolts have not experienced a trusted participant to person the deep aspect of the industry considering that Ravens’ Eric Weddle. Adderley would be an instantaneous starter, and one that would excel in his position.