In the upcoming few months, we are going to be getting a seem at hundreds of draft prospects main up into the 2019 NFL draft. With the Chargers getting desires at a variety of positions, we will do our most effective to consider the players that we experience suit the staff precisely.
Now, we are getting a seem at Clemson defensive deal with Dexter Lawrence.
- Defensive Rookie of the Yr by Pro Football Concentrate (2016)
- Freshman All-American by ESPN and United states Now (2016)
- Second-staff All-American by Rivals (2017)
- First-Workforce All-American in accordance to the AFCA (2018)
- First-Workforce All-ACC (2017, 2018)
- First-Workforce AP All-ACC (2017, 2018)
- Florida State (2016)
- Auburn (2017)
- Duke (2018)
- Pitt (2018)
- North Carolina State (2018)
- Move rush plan is underdeveloped.
- Enables his pads to rise and lacks a definitive go-to counter move when he loses the leverage battle.
- Not great backfield eyesight. Drops his head and loses sight of football.
- Conditioning desires to be monitored. Will permit his shoulders to get turned, lean into blockers when getting on doubles.
- Suspended for the 2018 School Football Playoffs soon after he examined favourable for a banned performance-boosting drug.
Lawrence has obvious physical features with the unique ability stack at the level of attack and to break up double groups to protect the run.
Though his athleticism for a 350-pounder is impressive, he is a difficult evaluation because there isn’t significantly else to his activity. The method is inconsistent and he desires to dedicate himself to bettering his go hurrying abilities to increase his tools.
Overall, Lawrence relies on brute toughness more than complex savvy, which will not be as successful in the NFL as it was in higher education, but his rare blend of athleticism, energy and measurement is why he is becoming regarded as a prospective to start with-round assortment for decades now.
Los Angeles could be with no veteran defensive deal with Brandon Mebane in 2019, as he is established to develop into a cost-free agent in March. This implies that the Bolts will be in require of a -1 method as his replacement. Lawrence has identified himself usually mocked to them, even as early as the to start with-round to fill this require.
Though I assume Lawrence is a rare athlete for measurement, and one that is going to be a fantastic place-taking in run defender in the NFL, it is difficult to obtain into them picking out a player that early on who will not present significantly else. The former Clemson merchandise has a higher ceiling, but it is not likely he is capable to produce abilities to rush the passer, get driving the line of scrimmage, or be dominate at the level of attack on a reliable basis.
Because of that, Lawrence isn’t worth the risk getting in Rounds 1 or 2. In its place, the Chargers are superior off addressing the situation with a player that will be capable to get to the quarterback as properly as protect the run in that array, if they elect to deal with the situation then.