The Chargers showed up! This did not glimpse like the identical workforce that performed the Ravens two months in the past. They arrived out energized and thirsty. In this article are the points that shocked me.
The defensive line was dominant. The 2017 Melvin Ingram showed up. He was all in excess of the area. The line sacked Lamar Jackson seven instances and experienced him scrambling all working day. On leading of that, they compelled two fumbles, a single which sealed the victory. MVP of the recreation: D line.
Significant Surprise: They crammed Jatavis Brown’s location with Jahleel Addae. You know your linebacker depth is slender when you get started filling their spots with safeties. It was pleasant to see Rayshawn Jenkins in the no cost basic safety location. A alter that I hope stays.
- Desmond King’s return recreation was large on a working day when the offense was likely against a single of the leading defenses in the league.
- Adrian Phillips was in the correct area at the correct time. He recovered a fumbled and hauled in an interception.
- Gates is however acquiring it completed. How nifty was that a single handed grab? The outdated-timer showed up in various clutch moments.
- The elusiveness of Phillips Rivers. The protection forgot to account for him on various essential operates. How can you not recreation program for his rushing assault?
- Two blocked kicks. Just when you believe anything is alright with the specific teams device things like this comes about.
- No targets for Mike Williams in the pink zone. Williams has been the go to gentleman in the pink zone in the second 50 percent of the year. On Sunday, the Chargers selected to pound the ball and kick industry plans instead of likely to the massive receiver.
Then there had been those people instances when you had been either screaming at the Tv or wondering this recreation is not very good for my heart.
The freak out moments:
- The Watt ‘tuck and roll’ landing. I however never know how that was not a landing.
- The Gordon ‘fumble’ on the a single-yard line. That experienced the likely of a overall momentum change.
- The Inexperienced fumble. Hold on to the ball massive fella!
- The BS holding call on Okung. So bad Okung was spinning a Roger Goodell conspiracy principle right after the recreation.
With the recreation on the line the Chargers delivered.
The Clutch moments:
- Facing a 3rd and 16 with 1:41 on the clock, Rivers helps make a 9 yard completion to Gates. A large gamble to place the ball in the air, but the hall-of-famers made it materialize.
- The speed rush of Uchenna Nwosu and his little bit mitt poking the ball free with 28 seconds to seal the victory for the Chargers.
Even right after this massive gain. This looks like a workforce that is however thirsty. Any Squad. Any Area.